When you are considering the architecture of your Charlotte, NC home, it is important to include design elements that enhance sustainability, conservation, and our innate sense of life.
Architecture in Charlotte – Our history tells us that architecture is the cultural influence on the design of structures and includes details indicative of the time and place in which they were built. This is true in many nations around the world, and historians can even identify architectural elements helping them determine a building’s history and significance.
When it comes to home design and renovation, architecture plays an equally important role in the sustainability and overall feel of the home itself and the landscape surrounding it.
- Biophilia – Biophilia is defined as “a love of life or living systems.” As human beings, this is our innate love of life itself and the living systems that surround us in nature. Using this important element in architecture helps to create a home designed to integrate our need to be surrounded by important environmental features.
- Conservation – It has become incredibly important to have an awareness of our earth and the value of sustainability and conservation. Your home functions its best when the architecture is designed to conserve energy, materials, water and land.
- Sustainable Design – Restoration, connection and livability are all important elements of sustainable design. Your home must be a place where you can rest, connect with the community, and live comfortably with the future in mind. Architecture is used to create a house with these elements in mind, so you will have a true sense of “home.”
The Essential Role Architecture Plays in Any Home Design
Architecture combines aesthetics and functionality to bring out the best in any space. I have formulated functional, beautiful architecture plans for many clients over the years, and I am eager to help you design the ideal home based on your preferences and needs.
Why is considering the architecture of your home so important during all phases of the design? Here are just a few of my top reasons:
- Make your home easy to move around in—You want your home design to make sense. For instance, your kitchen should be accessible to your dining room and your bedrooms should all feature easy access to the bathrooms. Proper architectural plans make sure your home is actually livable.
- Boost your home’s functionality—In addition to a standard layout that is easy to navigate, viewing your home from an architectural point of view can enhance its functionality and make it more enjoyable to live in.
- Incorporate sustainable features—Your home functions at its best when designed to conserve energy, water, and land. My role as your architect is to design your home in a way that makes sustainable living possible.
- Create the perfect blend of stylistic elements—Functionality and sustainability are important, but you also want your new home to be beautiful. As an architect, I know what features to incorporate to best use your home’s space and make it aesthetically pleasing.
Let me incorporate architectural principles into your home design to create a beautiful home for you and your family! Contact me, Paul B. Clark, Architect, today to get started.
When you are considering the architecture of your Charlotte, NC home, it is important to include design elements that enhance sustainability, conservation, and our innate sense of life. My objective is to incorporate these important elements into the architectural design, creating a plan that enhances your treasured idea of home. Contact me, Paul B. Clark, Architect, today, so we can begin creating your perfect home.